Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Put a lid on it! - Adaptations

It's dying day. At this time of year, that can only mean that the weather is cool. Unfortunately, it's a day to do wanderings, and I am down to just two burners--one of them being a small. With two bolts to dye and deadlines looming I have to use some ingenuity for a change.



My big stewpots have lids which I seldom use (usually because I want to re-hydrate my wood heated house--but in June, of course, that isn't really a consideration!) So I hauled out my dusty lids and shortened my wandering dye time by half using them on the pots! An added bonus was the lack of water running down the walls since it is already raining outside!

I am thrilled with this discovery! Though I love the effect of wandered wool, the wait times tend to make me nuts! (And that's not a far trip to go!)

This way, the smaller amount of steam sent up by the frying pan isn't as oppressive.

1 comment:

  1. Wanda,
    It's so good to see your face on your blog...especially for those of us who haven't known what you really really look like.
    Have you thought about using yourself in pics on your blog along with demonstrating certan things to add more realism. I bet other gals would enjoy it. Jo

    ReplyDelete