Monday, September 8, 2008

The Teacher's Dilemma Solved

Well glory be, Huck said it and I believed it and there it was !
When I got to class I had thought of a couple of things we could do.... could not buy different equipment, no room to take it home ... added expense.. phooey !

So I thought maybe we could process wool in the dry zone, no water just the carefully covered crock pot being plugged in and removed after water clears up.

I sent my good woman room monitor Pat to ask if it could be so, meanwhile the delightful scottish maintenance main said I could run two extension cords from the studio to the dyeing section.

Pat reported no go on the crockpot issue... but meanwhile they decided to open up a wall and enlarge our space by a third, and into a "declared dirty zone " Where we had a great length of counter space and plugs. We did NOT blow one fuse.

All went well and everyone is happy. It is making my job tons easier.Here are some pictures of the fun.

Our assignments today included:
Marbelising with inclusions
Steamers
Wowees
Creating formulas


Looking good !


Studying The Notes


Stirring it up


Everyone is darned happy


Fran is gilded with Marbelising.

3 comments:

  1. Wanda, so glad everything worked out for you. I'm sure you were worried for a while. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently found your blog and have been enjoying it. You've received a Blue Ribbon! Come claim it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see that you have captured me with your digital camera. I heard you say you were doing pictures but I got so focused on the notes that I didn't even notice you.

    The Acid Junkie

    ReplyDelete