Saturday, October 18, 2008

I have a wonderful Friend

I have many wonderful friends but this particular person is a source of wonderful inspiration to me every time we connect.

When she read of our scrappy workshop she let me know of her travels in the scrap basket.
Thanks for sending it to me dear ! Here is what she said:

Hi Wanda,
This isn't an "inquiry" but I read in your blog how your class were using up their leftovers hooking an oriental. I thought you might like to see a picture of my "Out of the Basket" personal challenge. These pieces are everything I have hooked using only leftover strips put into a huge basket probably for the last ten years. Students were encouraged to take anything they needed but still it grew so last spring I decided to hook a piece using only strips from the basket, and also on a scrap piece of backing. That was the long narrow one. And like the strips in the basket it just grew from there until last week when I finished piece #8 which is self explantory. And the basket is still half full.
I hope your students enjoy and learn from their projects as much as I did.
Marilyn

These are Marilyn's results:

2 comments:

  1. Wanda, each one is beautiful!! I can't pick a favorite. You must have had some basket, girl. Do you keep them seperated into lights and darks? (the worms) That's what I'm trying to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheri !
    My friend Marilyn Bottjer made all these wonderful rugs. I do have lots of strips though because I buy them or people give them to me. I have them separated into colour families which is very handy when I need a certain colour.

    ReplyDelete