Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Making it fuzzy

Today I'm going through pieces of beautiful recycled wool sent to me from an angel in Virginia, Heather. I'm making the dollar bin glorious.
Heather has the wonderful knack of getting those twill woven kilts to thicken up ! You know what I mean.... felt in way that makes it easier to hook with.

I recently tried to shrink up some of these but I can't help but blame my washer. It is a newer model, still top loading though.
Even on heavy duty and twice washed I can't get the fluff I'm looking for.

I just put it in again, some where I read it might take 5 times in the washer to make this happen with these new low agitation models. It is kinder on our clothes but a weak tool for the fiber artist.

The gas line was installed today from road to house so soon, like my favorite saying I will indeed be cooking with gas. And dyeing of course.

Off to make something for my December challenge and clean the studio - just look at the state of it !
This photo was taken by my new computer !


No comments:

Post a Comment