Friday, January 23, 2009

7 Effective Hooker Habits

If you've known me a while you'll know about this collection of hints I made in 1998.
I'm trolling through old items on my computer and on the old server for the Welcome Mat.
These seem to still hold water, I wouldn't change a thing.

SEVEN EFFECTIVE HOOKER HABITS


NEVER PUT YOUR HOOKING AWAY

THINK OF YOUR RUG AS A MASTERPIECE

KEEP AN IDEA BOOK

HOOK WHERE EVER IT’S POLITE TO DO SO
(hint: not a funeral home)

NEVER TURN DOWN AN OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN MORE

KEEP YOUR EYE PEELED FOR WOOL AT ALL TIMES

KEEP COMPANY WITH OTHER HOOKERS


Speaking of the old being new I showed the ladies at hook-in the neat trick Jennifer Manuel had on her blog the other day about seeing if yarn was going to look effective as edging.... check it out ! The thought it was as good as loaves and fishes.
Yes a punny nod to Jennifer's blog name.
http://fisheyerugs.blogspot.com/2009/01/pencil-trick.html
Enjoy your day.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Wanda! Thanks for the shout-out ;-)
    The cold snap is coming back - a great excuse to stay inside and hook...

    jen

    ReplyDelete