Thursday, December 17, 2009

What is an OGEE ?/ Hooking with sweaters

Yes that is a great question and last night I meant to post an explanation of what one was.
Wikipedia says:
An ogee (pronounced /oʊˈdʒiː/ or /ˈoʊdʒiː/) is a curve, shaped somewhat like an S, consisting of twoarcs that curve in opposite senses, so that the ends are parallel.
It looks like this from TrueUp , if you like fabric, that's a blog worth going to look at.

Hooking with sweaters, that is my happy place, they are so soft underfoot and can be prodded, they make great texturey elements, fluffy clouds, sheep, adds to bark on trees, well I could go on and on but suffice it to say, as many sweaters as there are, that how many effects you can get. Bring me your shrunken masses of felted up sweaters...... I'll shelter them!

1 comment:

  1. Wanda!
    The OGEE is one of my favourite shapes-I know this beautiful radiator cover in the building I go to my eye doctor appointments in Montreal . .
    I have posted a photo for you on the welcome mat! as I dont know how here!
    Best wishes of JOY to you and your family this Holiday time!
    Judith

    ReplyDelete