Sunday, November 9, 2014

Making Majic Jasper and Amber

I love my dyes and I always have even before I owned them.
 I hope you will enjoy these gorgeous fallish formulas.

 Jasper 
2/32 tsp. Blue
1/32 tsp. Chocolate Brown



Wet Trunk Brown
1/32 Red Violet

1/8th tsp. Brilliant Green


Amber 
3/32 tsp. Yellow

1/64th tsp. Blue Violet

 I used 1/8 yd of natural wool for each color. I used the electric wok and the crock pot and a dye bath method ( lots of water to cover wool and allow it some swimming room, raised to a steam producing temperature). Add formula to heating water, add wool, heat for 10 to 20 minutes until most of the colour has taken up and then add 1/32 tsp. to 1/4 tsp. of citric acid per colour. Stir and continue to heat until all the colour is absorbed.
Rinse well and dry as you wish.


No comments:

Post a Comment