Monday, December 29, 2014

January Journal - A Wonderful Way to Spend the Month

There is light shining at the end of the tunnel of winter I promise!


It's almost January Journal time on The Welcome Mat.
This is a wonderful, yearly tradition, we work around a theme and hooking an "entry " each day.
This year our theme's is House and Home. 
How you explore this idea is up to you.
Artists love exploring the idea of house, home and village.

Uptown By Patricia Keeler

You can be highly organized or incredibly chaotic in this work.
It can be simple or complex.
It is for you and up to you alone how it transpires.

You can dream up your fantasy of a house full of wool or one made of it!
You can create a bunting or swag with 31 different little things you wish your home had.
You can build the cottage of your dreams or a new simple house each day.
You can join us right here, it worth joining up to the Mat for.

I help if asked and encourage as much as I can. Great works have been created in our Journal challenge by wool diarists.



"A page of my journal is like a cake of portable soup. A little may be diffused into a considerable portion."
James Boswell




I love this quote because my own journal rugs act very much like this, letting me get in touch with all sorts of amazing untapped creativity that feed me all year long, a rich and thriving wanderland. I wonder what it will do for you?




So many ways we can to go to traverse this month with our heart filled subject, I can't wait to see what you create.


No comments:

Post a Comment